Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow much fun


The weekend is our "family time", come Monday we all are already looking forward to the next one.   Most weekends we curl up at home with maybe a venture to blockbuster for movie night or the store, but on this particular weekend we spent it out and about, surrounded by friends and new adventures.  We hit the slopes with the kids as well as trekked out to our friends ranch for an evening of fellowship.  On top of that we went bowling to celebrate a birthday.      
Both types are wonderful in there own way.  I use to crave social interaction, but as our family has grown I have come to find total contentment being cozzied up at home with my beautiful family.  I'm finding that all I need is right here.        






The size of the little skis and boots are the most precious display of how little he still really is.  Sometimes I think he is growing to fast and others maybe not fast enough, but I am quickly learning to revel in each moment, to be present and conscience of this time in his little life.  I know that sooner than I am ready, he won't be small enough to hold in my arms, he won't want me to kiss him in public, or to "watch him do his tricks".        



I'm aware that God has a unique plan for us.  He put us together to create this amazing family unit.  I am blessed to have these lives apart of mine everyday.  



Here is "Boo" in her backpack, it contained her for a very short time.  She loves her independence, and I sure don't want to hold her back.  This girl has gumption, and lots of it.!     




New things are so exciting and can be so scary for a little one like him, but he takes on challenges and adventures with such confidence and an open mind.  His faith in us to know what's best for him is such an incredible display of how we need to trust our Heavenly Father.  It might look a bit scary but if he say, "give it a go" I want to be the one who does without even a glimpse of hesitation, just as my sweet son does.  



































What is it about snowflakes that are so delicious!  











No better way to wind down the day than with a cup of hot cocoa in front of a blazing fireplace.  
I'm looking forward to another eventful weekend, but maybe not for a while.  Right now I'm craving the intimate moments in our beautiful home spent with these three hunkered down for a little family time, and maybe a little me time perhaps.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Danielle. I'm so excited to follow your blog! I'm going to share it with the girls so they can stay updated with their Colorado cousins. I can 100% relate to what you just wrote. The girls seem to have suddenly grown up last weekend on our little skiing adventure here in Montana. Kylie was all on her own going up the lift and skiing down the hill all by herself. Talk about letting go! Thanks again for sharing your Beautiful Life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls for the comments! It completely makes my day!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones